my psychiatrist appointment today:
- she was hella lovely
- she laughed for about a week when I told her about why I got fired
- she ranted extensively about ER mental health team constantly fucking up and apologised for them at length
- she knows Dr. Greenhalgh, so that’s cute (what a small world)
- we didn’t talk about it ~specifically~, but it was pretty clear she basically considered my diagnosis to be PTSD
- she was really fucking good with the family stuff. She pushed when I needed to expand more, she let me slip when it was clear things were getting too intense for a first session and defused with a question about uni stuff and made it seem like a completely natural progression of the conversation, which I’m insanely grateful for
- she was amazed that someone thought pristiq was the right drug for someone in my position and is gonna call Jan with some alternate suggestions to get me started on
- she also suggested I look into seeing a psych-in-training she know at RPAH, because the person supervising them is a trauma expert but who doesn’t take outpatient clients, so this way I would be seeing them by proxy, and it would be free, so we’re gonna look into that
- she bulk-billed me because she’s a fucking sweetheart what an absolute babe
okay okay i’m gonna shower and get dressed and find my medicare card and go to this appointment and not panic and be honest and then i’m going to come home and maybe see holly (!!!) and reply to lily’s email (!!!!!) and call uhs back and organise a time to do a thing with lizzie and email my grandparents and obsessively check and recheck results until melissa works out how to use the new system and posts them and then i’m going email (or call) home and see how jemby is doing and float my idea of maybe coming up for a few days if things are kcool with the uni and then i’m going to go back to applying for jobs in the hope of finding gainful employment somewhere.
shoutout to the useless asian receptionist at uhs for never doing her fucking jobRead more
Jonathan Delafield Cook, Eucalyptus ,2006
mythology meme: [3/6] creatures or beings
↳ water kelpies
Kelpies are malevolent shape-shifting water spirits, believed to inhabit the lakes and rivers of Scotland. Most often, they take the form of a horse, but they are also capable of assuming human form. Kelpies lure unsuspecting humans into the water, where they proceed to kill and eat their victim. Much like werewolves, they can be killed with silver bullets.
"what are you going to do with a degree in english?" wow I guess you don’t want an invite to the parisian literary salon oh well alice more absinthe and picasso for the rest of us
Admit it: Oliver Wood’s reaction to Harry receiving his Nimbus 2000 is the best part of the entire first movie.